Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Trying hard to be sociable

Most people initiate conversations with a question. Some of them ask multiple ones to stretch a conversation. Yet some, jump to the next question before you've finished answering the first. I know two such people in my life. I don't understand them.

Bumped into Person 1 on a busy street. 
Person 1: How was your trip to South Africa?
Me: Oh it was wonderful. Very very scenic and....
Person 1: Oh my driver has come. See you around. 

Bumped into Person 2 at a party.
Person 2: Hey, how you doing?
Me: Good and you?
Reva who was with me: (smile)
Person 2: How was  your trip?
Me: Great. Hows wor....
Person 2: How are you Reva?
Reva: I've been ...
Person 2: So why don't we get a drink?
Me: Sure, what do you....
Person 2: (To someone else he just spotted) Hey, how are the folks? Catch you two later :D

4 comments: