Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Camps Bay

Here's what I did. I rented an Audi. Rented a GPS unit, fed Camps Bay in it and took off. Its one hell of a drive. When driving past, you see mountains on your left and the sea on your right. One thing you got to make sure is that you get here during sunset. 

Now Camps Bay has these certain vantage points which offer you the best view from the top and you can see these when you drive. But forget about stopping and getting your camera out. There is absolutely no place to pull over. If you want to really enjoy it, make sure you take a 10 km walk downhill. It will be tiring but its definitely worth it. Make sure you're armed with a jacket and that you weigh well over 80 kgs. You dont want to get blown away from the strong wind.

I managed to pull over at a few places but wasnt really satisfied with my shots. Got back home and realised I was shooting at ISO 800. That was a bummer. Obviously I noticed a lot of grain in my pictures. Aaaahhh oh well. Here they are.   










No comments:

Post a Comment